"It was the tension between these two poles — a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other — that kept me going."
- From The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson (via hush-syrup)
"Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame."
- William Butler Yeats (via nice-bow-tie)
"Love doesn’t know what distance is"
- Hunter Hayes (via militarystrong)
"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road (via introspectivepoet)
(Source: wikiquote.com, via introspectivepoet)
"I was surprised, as always, how easy the act of leaving was, and how good it felt. The world was suddenly rich with possibility."
- Jack Kerouac (via heimaland)
"When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don’t seem to matter very much, do they?"
- from Night and Day by Virginia Woolf (via shakespearewasaunicorn)